Our DJ of the Month for April is Matt Seno and he knows the music ..we caught up with him to ask him some questions at Redz Bar & Grille.
OOT – Where do you DJ?
“Currently, I DJ regularly at Redz Bar in Philly every Wed. night and Alley Gators in Limerick, Pa on Fri. and Sat. nights. I work with Penny Productions so I also DJ intermittently at Champps King of Prussia and Moose Lodge in Phoenixville.”
OOT – How long have you been a DJ?
“I just started doing karaoke and DJ about 2 years ago, although I’ve been a musician all my life”.
OOT – What is your favorite kind of music/favorite radio station?
“Favorite music is alternative and pop rock. My car radio is almost always set to 104.5”
OOT -What kind of music do you like to play?
“Everything from Country to Rap. When I DJ, I believe it’s important to be diverse enough to keep the crowds happy. As long as they’re up and dancing, I’m happy”.
OOT – Are you available for private parties?
“Yes. Penny Productions does private parties as well as weddings. In addition to DJ services, we also offer karaoke and trivia”
OOT – Where are you located?
“I’m located just outside of the King of Prussia area”.
OOT – Give a quote about what you think makes a good DJ.
“I believe the most important aspect to being a good DJ is crowd interaction. Having your head buried in the mixer alienates you from your audience”.
Categories: DJ's & Bartenders
| Comments Off on DJ of the Month for April…Matt Seno
Tonight is the kick-off of the 2nd Annual Maggie’s Waterfront Cafe’s -Think You Can Sing Competition!….Hosted by Nick & Domenic from the band Stem…There are over $1,500 in Prizes will be awarded in this contest. Come sing solo,or come sing with an instrument, or sing with tracks….stop on over and enter this contest. * Every thursday night,and will run up to June. ( Details in each OOT Guide…)www.ootonline.com * Look for OOT to be a judge one night in this competition.
Later tonight OOT will be the house at some point,taking some photos. Check it out!
AH, Think You Can Sing?
Categories: OOT News & Alerts
| Comments Off on Thursday Night Kickoff at Maggies 2nd Annual Think You Can Sing Competition
Mc Stews Irish Sports Bar – Features Friday April 12th…DJ Troublemaker…he’s one of the biggest Club Dj’s out here today… Grab some Glow beads, sticks,and even some candy necklaces…* Special night of dance music.
The Water Tower – The Chatter Band is back in the area…see them on saturday April 13th in Oaks on the big stage….
Tony’s Place – Ivyland – Wed April 10th Bells Brewery Take over…Craft Beer Lovers this one’s for you…
Redz – Karaoke Contest ( Round 2 begins this week) Grand Prize is a trip to Mexico / weekly Prizes..hosted by Adam
Flukes Irish Pub – presents Slainte on April 11th on the Deck 8pm to 12 midnight…Irish Music lovers take note!
Chickie’s & Pete’s on the Blvd – Thursday Night Music series this week…hosted by OOT…THE BRETT JOLLY EXPERIENCE 8pm
Nicks Roast Beef -Coming up on Saturday April 13th – Sir Rod and his tribute show to Rod Stewart at Nicks Roast Beef…
Harrigan’s Pub – Sunday Chili Contest …Cash Prizes for the best!
Parx Casino in the 360 Lounge – Sunday April 14th…OOT sponsors the Sunday Showcase this week at
6:15 with Scream, 7:15 Sapphire Blue, 8:15 Stems and Seeds…9:15 Black Lanlord.
Categories: OOT News & Alerts
| Comments Off on So many great events are taking place this coming week
Going On Sale:
Borgata Event Center: (3/22 @ 10am)
Tim Allen – June 29, 8pm
An Evening with Jackson Browne – July 5 & 6, 8pm
Music Box at Borgata: (3/22 @ 10am)
Jo Koy – June 14, 9pm
Tracy Morgan – June 22, 9pm
Los Lobos / Los Lonely Boys / Alejandro Escovedo – July 12, 8pm
Seth Meyers – July 13, 9pm
Sands Bethlehem Event Center: (3/22 @ 10am)
Alabama – May 2, 8pm
Billy Idol – June 9, 7pm
Rock Of Ages – June 10, 7pm
Soundgarden Hall: (3/15 @ 10am)
Actual Records presents Twurkaholics ft. GTA – May 17, 8pm
Susquehanna Bank Center:
Dave Matthews Band with Mavis Staples – June 28 & 29, 7pm (3/22 @ 10am)
Rockstar Energy Mayhem Festival ft. Rob Zombie & more (full line-up below) – July 19, 1pm (3/22 @ noon)
Matchbox Twenty and Goo Goo Dolls – August 11, 7:30pm (3/23 @ 10am)
Theater of Living Arts: (3/22 @ noon)
Wired 96.5 Presents Kid Ink with DJ Bonics – May 2, 8pm
The Hush Sound and Hockey – May 15, 6:30pm
Ross Mathews – June 2, 8pm
Queensryche with Geoff Tate – June 6, 8pm
Toyota Pavilion at Montage Mountain – Scranton, PA:
Dave Matthews Band with moe. – May 29, 7pm (3/22 @ 10am)
Rockstar Energy Mayhem Festival ft. Rob Zombie & more (full line-up below) – July 13, 1pm (3/22 @ noon)
The Note – West Chester, PA: (3/22 @ Noon)
10 Years – May 21, 7pm
Show Listings By Venue:
Borgata Event Center – Atlantic City, NJ:
- March 15, 8pm: Bill O’Reilly & Dennis Miller. $500 (VIP), 125, 95, 65, 55
- March 16, 8pm: Run DMC. $145, 125, 75, 55
- April 6, 8pm: Brian Regan. $46.50
- April 13, 8pm: Diana Krall. $85, 65, 55
- April 20, 8pm: Kathy Griffin. $75, 65, 55
- May 3, 8pm: Soundgarden. $85
- May 18, 8pm: George Lopez. $85, 65, 55
- May 24, 8pm: Chicago. $76, 66, 56
- May 25, 8pm: Russell Peters. $65, 55, 49.50
- June 14 & 15, 8pm: Sting. $226.50, 176.50, 146.50, 126.50
- June 29, 8pm: Tim Allen. $85, 75, 65
- July 5 & 6, 8pm: An Evening with Jackson Browne. $76, 66, 56
- July 14, 8pm: Jeff Dunham. $75, 69.50, 64.50, 59.50
- August 10, 8pm: Jay Leno. $75, 65, 55
- August 24, 7pm & 10pm: Jim Gaffigan. $49.50, 45
The Music Box at Borgata – Atlantic City, NJ:
- March 16, 9pm: Citizen Cope. $45, 39
- April 5, 9pm: Martin Short. $55, 45
- April 6, 9pm: Keyshia Cole with Chrisette Michele. $65, 55
- April 20, 9pm: Paul Reiser. $34.50, 29.50
- April 27, 9pm: Sarah Silverman. $55, 49.50
- May 3 & 4, 9pm: Wanda Sykes. $59.50, 55
- May 10, 9pm: Anthony Jeselnik. $35, 29.50
- May 11, 6pm & 9pm: Joan Rivers. $44.50, 39.50
- May 24, 25 & 26, 9pm: Frankie Valli. $74, 64
- June 1, 8pm & 11pm: Bill Burr. $45, 39.50
- June 7, 8pm: Jay Mohr. $35, 29.50 (rescheduled date; all tix honored)
- June 14, 9pm: Jo Koy. $35
- June 22, 9pm: Tracy Morgan. $55, 49.50
- June 28, 9pm: America. $59.50, 55
- July 12, 8pm: Los Lobos / Los Lonely Boys / Alejandro Escovedo. $49.50, 45
- July 13, 9pm: Seth Meyers. $45, 39.50
For shows at The Borgata, tickets can be purchased by calling 866-900-4TIX (4849), or by going to TheBorgata.com.
Susquehanna Bank Center- Camden, NJ:
- May 12, 2pm: Radio 104.5 6th Birthday Show ft. Phoenix, Paramore, Passion Pit, Silversun Pickups, The Airborne Toxic Event, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones and Twenty One Pilots. $55, 35, 29.50 (lawn), 30 (lawn DOS), $26.12 (lawn 4-pack indiv)
- May 17, 7pm: Tim McGraw with Brantley Gilbert and Love & Theft. $65.75, 40.75, 26 (lawn)
- May 18, 2pm: MMR*B*Q 2013 ft. Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, Cheap Trick, Buckcherry, Device, Kid Felix & more. $75 (GA), 49.50 (reserved, lawn)
- May 19, 8pm: The Killers. RESERVED SOLD OUT! $25 (lawn tix) (Rescheduled from 12/13; all tix honored)
- June 1, 7pm: Luke Bryan with Thompson Square and Florida Georgia Line. $50, 25.25 (lawn)
- June 25, 8pm: Jimmy Buffett & the Coral Reefer Band. $136, 36 (lawn)
- June 28 & 29, 7pm: Dave Matthews Band with Mavis Staples. $75, 40.50 (lawn)
- July 12, Noon: Vans Warped Tour. $23.50-35, 45* (early bird ticketing options available)
- July 16, 7pm: Victoria Justice. $59.50, 49.50, 39.50, 29.50
- July 17, 7pm: Bad Company & Lynyrd Skynyrd: The XL Tour with Black Stone Cherry. $100.50, 66, 46, 36, 26 (lawn/reserved), 18.75 (4-pack lawn indiv)
- July 19, 1pm: Rockstar Energy Mayhem Festival ft. Rob Zombie, Five Finger Death Punch, Mastodon, Amon Amarth, Machine Head, Job for a Cowboy, Butcher Babies, Battlecross, Huntress, Children of Bodom, Behemoth, Emmure, Born of Osiris and Motionless In White. $69.75, 39.75, 26.75 (lawn/reserved), 20 (Get Off Your Ass Lawn Ticket – avail thru 3/25 @ noon)
- July 24, 7pm: MIX 106 Summer Jam 2013 ft. Train with The Script and Gavin DeGraw. $75, 49.50, 29.50, 20 (lawn), 15 (4-pack lawn indiv)
- July 27, 8pm: XPoNential Music Festival ft. The Lumineers w/ guests Dr. Dog & more. $55, 35, 25 (lawn) – Pavilion SOLD OUT!
- August 11, 7:30pm: Matchbox Twenty and Goo Goo Dolls. $95, 75, 49.50, 29.50, 25 (lawn), 18.75 (lawn 4-pack indiv)
- August 24, 7:30pm: Jason Aldean 2013 Night Train Tour with special guests Jake Owen and Thomas Rhett. $58, 28.50 (lawn)
Tickets are available at Ticketmaster.com, Live Nation Box Office (111 Presidential Blvd, Bala Cynwyd), Susquehanna Bank Center Box Office (1 Harbour Blvd, Camden) or charge-by-phone at 800-745-3000.
The Camden Waterfront:
- May 30 – June 16: Cirque du Soleil: Totem. $50-130 (VIP packages also available)
Tickets are available at CirqueDuSoleil.com
Theater of the Living Arts:
- March 20, 7pm: Emblem 3. SOLD OUT!
- March 21, 9pm: Radio 104.5 presents Alt-J. SOLD OUT!
- March 23, 8pm: Twiztid with (Hed)pe, Liquid and Potluck. $20, 23*, 15 (4-pack indiv)
- March 24, 9pm: Tyler, the Creator. SOLD OUT!
- March 27, 8pm: The Revival Tour ft. Chuck Ragan with Jenny Owen Youngs, Dave Hause, Rocky Votolato and Toh Kay. $18, 21*, 13.50 (4-pack indiv)
- March 28, 9pm: George Watsky with Dumbfoundead with Don McCloskey. $13, 15*
- March 29, 9pm: Veteran Freshman: Driicky Graham with Mont Brown w/ Pace O Beats, Yazz, Tiani Victoria, Pate, Kidd Fresh and Novacane. $13, 15*, 10 (4-pack indiv)
- March 30, 8pm: 2nd Annual East Coast Beard and Mustache Competition. $12, 15*, 25 (Competitor), 30* (Competitor DOS)
- March 31, 6pm: 8th Annual Philly Zombie Crawl. $5 (21+)
- April 3, 7:30pm: Andy Grammer with Parachute and Anjuli Josephine. $20, 23*
- April 5, 8pm: They Might Be Giants with Moon Hooch. $27, 30*, 20.25 (4-pack indiv)
- April 6, 9pm: C2C. $20, 25*
- April 10, 7:30pm: Andrew McMahon with Kate Earl and Erland Wanberg. SOLD OUT!
- April 11, 9pm: Deathwaltz Presents Bonobo with Shigeto. $20
- April 12, 7:30pm: Parkway Drive with The Word Alive, While She Sleeps and Veil of Maya. $20, 23*
- April 13, 7pm: Urban Celebrity Magazine DaBuzz247 & AllFlamerz Presents Philly Fest ft. Young Savage & The inner city hustlers, Ar-Ab, Bakery Boys, The Retinas and Reed Dollaz. $20
- April 14, 8pm: Radio 104.5 Presents & Five Seven Music Present Tour Odyssey ft. The Dirty Heads & Shiny Toy Guns with Midi Matilda and Oh No Fiasco. $20, 23*, 15 (4-pack indiv)
- April 16, 8pm: WMMR Presents Steel Panther with Hillbilly Herald. $27.50, 29.50*
- April 18, 6pm: Metal Alliance Tour ft. Anthrax performing “Among The Living” album with Exodus, Municipal Waste, Shadows Fall and Holy Grail. $35
- April 19, 9pm: Collie Buddz Light It Up Tour with special guests Cris Cab and New Kingston. $17.50, 20*
- April 20, 9pm: Keller Williams with More Than a Little. $22, 25*, 20 (4/20 4-pack offer indiv)
- April 24, 8pm: GoGo Morrow Live with Aaron Camper and Tye James. $10, 13*
- April 25, 8pm: Death To All: Celebrating Chuck Schuldiner in Aid of Sweet Relief with Anciients and Believer. $28, 30*
- April 26, 5pm: R5 ft. Ross Lynch of Disney’s “Austin & Ally” with Hollywood Ending, Taylor Mathews and Alex Aiono. $15, 18*
- April 27, 7pm: DVT Entertainment Presents Devise & The Great Socio with special guests. $12, 15*
- April 26, 10pm: Les Claypool Duo de Twang. $25, 28*
- April 30, 8pm: TECH N9NE with Brotha Lynch Hung, Kutt Calhoun, Rittz, Ces Cru and BaKe & Knarley. $20, 23*
- May 1, 8pm: WMMR Presents Limp Bizkit. Sold Out!
- May 2, 8pm: Wired 96.5 Presents Kid Ink with DJ Bonics. $15, 18*, 11.25 (4-pack)
- May 3, 9pm: Boris with Young Widows and Stephen Brodsky of Cave In. $15, 18*, 11.25 (4-pack indiv)
- May 4, 8:30pm: An Open Book: An Evening with Justin Furstenfeld of Blue October with Ashleigh Stone. $30 (GA seated)
- May 5, 8pm: Black Rebel Motorcycle Club with Bass Drum of Death. $21.50, 24*
- May 8, 8pm: Danny Brown with Kitty (formerly Kitty Pryde). $15, 18*
- May 9, 8pm: Steez Promo Presents Dirtyphonics with Le Castle Vania and ETC! ETC! $20, 25*
- May 10, 8pm: Radio 104.5 Presents Capital Cities with Gold Fields. $15, 18*, 27.51 (VIP)
- May 11, 9pm: James Blake. $25
- May 12, 8pm: HIM Tears on Tour with Eyes Set To Kill. Sold Out!
- May 15, 6:30pm: The Hush Sound and Hockey. $18, 20*
- May 18, 9pm: Juicy J Stay Trippy Tour with special guest A$AP Ferg and DJ Sliink. $25, 28*
- June 2, 8pm: Ross Mathews. $30
- June 5, 8pm: Best Coast with Guards and Lovely Bad Things. $20, 23*
- June 6, 8pm: Queensryche with Geoff Tate. $20, 25*, 15 (4-pack indiv)
- September 28, 9pm: The Dan Band. $21, 24*
Tickets are available at Ticketmaster.com, Live Nation Box Office (111 Presidential Blvd., Bala Cynwyd), TLA Box Office (334 South St., Phila.) or charge-by-phone at 800-745-3000.
- May 10, 7pm: SoundGarden Hall presents Armin Van Buuren. $45-50
- May 25, 7pm: 2013 El Zol Fest ft. Prince Royce. $32.50, 35*
- June 1, Noon: The 6th Annual Roots Picnic ft. The Roots, Gary Clark Jr., Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Grimes, Naughty By Nature (backed by The Roots), AraabMUZIK, DJ Premier, Solange, Trinidad Jame$, The Gaslamp Killer, Hit-Boy, How to Dress Well, Joey Bada$$, Robert Glasper, Sonnymoon, Lushlife, Jennah Bell & more. $45, 50*
- June 8, 8pm: Radio 104.5 Presents Of Monsters and Men with Half Moon Run. $35
- July 25, 6:30pm: OAR with Andrew McMahon and Allen Stone. $37.50, 40*, 28.50 (4-pack indiv)
Tickets are available at Ticketmaster.com, Live Nation Box Office (111 Presidential Blvd., Bala Cynwyd), Festival Pier (Columbus Blvd & Spring Garden St., Phila. / Day-of-show only), TLA Box Office (334 South St, Phila) or charge-by-phone at 800-745-3000.
Tower Theater – Upper Darby, PA:
- April 5, 8pm: Power 99 & Live Nation Presents Meek Mill Dreams Come True Tour with Ace Hood. $45, 35, 30
- April 6, 8:30pm: Morrissey with Kristeen Young. Cancelled. Refunds at point of purchase.
- April 7, 8pm: WDAS & Power 99 Present Keyshia Cole with Chrisette Michele. $75, 59.50, 39.50
- May 4, 2pm & 5pm: Super Why! $40, 25, 20, 15
- May 10, 8pm: Chris Tucker. $59.50, 49.50, 39.50, ($10 DOS increase on all levels)
- June 9, 7:30pm: Weird Al Yankovic. $65, 55, 35, 25 (in association with BRE Presents)
- June 20, 7pm & 9:30pm: Daniel Tosh “The June Gloom Tour”. $75, 59.50, 49.50
Tickets are available at Ticketmaster.com, Live Nation Box Office (111 Presidential Blvd., Bala Cynwyd), Tower Box Office (69th & Ludlow, Upper Darby – first day of sale and day-of-show only) or charge-by-phone at 800-745-3000.
Wells Fargo Center:
- April 4, 7:30pm: Maroon 5 with Neon Trees and Owl City. SOLD OUT!
- April 6, 8pm: Fleetwood Mac. SOLD OUT!
- June 15, 7:30pm: The Package Tour ft. New Kids On The Block with guests Boyz II Men and 98˚. $92.50, 72.50, 52.50, 29.50, 20
- June 24, 7:30pm: Bruno Mars with Fitz & the Tantrums. $130, 84, 64, 40
- June 25, 2013, 7:30pm: One Direction. SOLD OUT!
- July 25, 8pm: The Mrs. Carter Show World Tour starring BEYONCÉ. SOLD OUT!
Tickets for all Wells Fargo Center events are available exclusively through ComcastTIX at comcastTIX.com or 1-800-298-4200. Tickets are also available at the Wells Fargo box office. More information at comcast-spectacor.com.
Sands Bethlehem Event Center:
- March 24, 7pm: WOW – Women of Wrestling. $65.50, 39.50, 35.50
- April 7, 7pm: Yes. $65, 55, 45
- April 12, 8pm: Bill Engvall. $65, 55, 49.50
- April 13, 8pm: Anjelah Johnson. $35
- April 20, 8pm: Wayne Newton. $79.50, 69.50, 59.50
- April 21, 8pm: Goo Goo Dolls. $55, 45, 40
- April 26, 8pm: Steve Earle. $35, 30
- April 27, 8pm: The Machine – Tribute to Pink Floyd. $25
- May 2, 8pm: Alabama. $99.50, 79.50, 59.50
- May 4, 7pm: Doo Wop Extravaganza ft. Jimmy Beaumont & The Skyliners, Frankie Lyman’s Legendary Teenagers, Willie Winfield & The Harptones, The Tymes, Johny Farina of Santo & Johnny, The Knockouts and Shirley Alston Reeves. $65, 55, 39.50
- May 7, 7pm: Alice In Chains with Bloodnstuff. $69.50 (reserved), 45 (GA)
- May 10, 8pm: Boz Scaggs. $65, 47.50, 37.50
- May 11, 8pm: Chris Tucker. $75.50, 59.50, 49.50
- May 12, 7pm: Brian Regan. $39.50
- May 16, 8pm: Sara Evans. $65, 49.50, 39.50
- May 20 & 21, 8pm: Motley Crue. $79.50
- May 22, 8pm: Chicago. $96, 80.50, 60.50
- June 4, 8pm: Weird Al Yankovic. $45, 35, 25
- June 9, 7pm: Billy Idol. $65, 49.50 (GA)
- June 10, 7pm: Rock Of Ages. $65, 45, 35
- June 29, 7pm: America. $55, 49.50, 39.50
- September 22, 8pm: Sarah Brightman. $104.50, 84.50, 70
Tickets available at SandsEventCenter.com, Ticketmaster.com, the Event Center Box Office on the street level at The Shopped at Sands retail mall and by-phone at 800-745-3000.
Toyota Pavilion at Montage Mountain – Scranton, PA:
- May 29, 7pm: Dave Matthews Band with moe. $75, 49.50, 40.50 (lawn)
- July 13, 1pm: Rockstar Energy Mayhem Festival ft. Rob Zombie, Five Finger Death Punch, Mastodon, Amon Amarth, Children of Bodom, Behemoth, Emmure, Born of Osiris, Motionless In White, Machine Head, Job for a Cowboy, Gojira, Battlecross, Huntress and Butcher Babies. $54.50, 39.50, 25.50 (lawn/reserved), 20 (Get Off Your Ass Lawn Ticket – avail thru 3/25 @ noon)
- July 16, Noon: Vans Warped Tour. $17.50-29, 39* (early bird ticket options available)
- August 2, 7pm: Victoria Justice. $59.50, 49.50, 39.50, 29.50
- August 15-18: The Peach Music Festival starring the Allman Brothers Band, Bob Weir & RatDog, The Black Crowes, Brunch with Bobby (Bob Weir solo acoustic), Grace Potter and The Nocturnals, Jaimoe’s Jasssz Band, Railroad Earth, Galactic, Rusted Root, Dirty Dozen Brass Band & many more to be announced. $129 (early bird GA 4-day pass; while supplies last), 225 (reserved 4-day pass), 450 (VIP 4-day pass); For more info: ThePeachMusicFestival.com
- August 25, 7:30pm: Jason Aldean 2013 Night Train Tour with special guests Jake Owen and Thomas Rhett. $55.25, 25.50 (lawn)
Tickets are available at Ticketmaster.com, Toyota Pavilion Box Office (On sale and day-of-show only; Service-charge free at box office for on sale) or by-phone at 800-745-3000.
Stabler Arena – Lehigh University:
- April 18, 7:30pm: Bob Dylan and His Band with Dawes. $49.50, 29.50 (student)
Academy of Music:
- May 3, 8pm: Jillian Michaels – Maximize Your Life Tour 2013. $59.50, 49.50, 39.50 (in association with Kimmel Center)
- April 10, 7pm & 10pm: Aziz Ansari – Comedy Special Taping. $45, 35
Boardwalk Hall – Atlantic City, NJ:
- April 27, 7pm: FURTHUR. $59.50, 49.50, 39.50
- July 26, 8pm: July 25, 8pm: The Mrs. Carter Show World Tour starring BEYONCÉ. SOLD OUT (sponsored by Caesars Atlantic City)
World Cafe Live – Philadelphia, PA:
The Barbary – Philadelphia, PA:
- April 1, 7pm: Floor with Thrones. $14
- April 5, 6pm: Allison Weiss with Candy Hearts and Pentimento. $10, 12*
- April 7, 6pm: Transit with Seahaven and Young Statues. $13, 15*
- April 16, 7pm: What’s Eating Gilbert. $10, 12*
- April 25, 7pm: Empty Mansions with Scott Lucas & The Married Men. $12
The Note – West Chester, PA:
- March 22, 9pm: Stick Figure. $13, 15*
- March 23, 8pm: Joe Brooks. $13, 15*
- March 25, 8pm: Ghost Thrower with Foreign Tongues. $8
- March 26, 9pm: Orgy with Davey Suicide and Vampires Everywhere! $18, 20*
- March 28, 8pm: Local H. $13, 15*
- March 29, 8pm: The Protomen. $13, 15*
- March 30, 6pm: The King’s Dead. Cancelled.
- March 30, 10:30pm: Passafire. $13, 15*
- April 2, 8pm: Flagship Romance with Man On Earth and Gone By Daylight. $8, 10*
- April 4, 9pm: Big Wreck. $15, 17* (21+)
- April 6, 9pm: My Ticket Home. $10
- April 6, 8:30pm: Suffocation with Exhumed, Jungle Rot and Rings of Saturn. $20
- April 7, 8pm: Conspirator. $20, 23*
- April 11, 9pm: Crash Diet with Crucified Barbara and Snakeskyn Whiskey. $10, 12*
- April 12, 9pm: The Untz Presents Phutureprimitive with ill-esha and Buku. $12
- April 13, 9pm: The Supervillains. $10, 13*
- April 15, 8:30pm: August Burns Red with The Bells. $20
- April 16, 9pm: Paganfest America 2013 with Ensiferum, TYR, Heidevolk, Trollfest and Hellsot. $20
- April 20, 9pm: Fu Manchu. $12, 15*
- April 22, 6:50pm: After the Burial with Within The Ruins, Glass Cloud and City in the Sea. $15
- April 26, 8pm: Matt Pryor & James Dewees. $12.50, 15*
- May 4, 9pm: Nine Days. $15
- May 18, 8pm: O’Brother. $10, 12*
- May 21, 7pm: 10 Years. $17
- June 8, 8pm: 40 Below Summer with Enstride. $15
- June 13, 8pm: Torche. $14
- June 16, 8pm: Down By Law with Redemption and Goddammit. $10, 12*
Soundgarden Hall – Philadelphia, PA:
- March 22, 8pm: Lights Out White Out (edition) ft. Maor Levi & Matt Lange. $10, 15*
- March 23, 8pm: Aly & Fila with Sied van Riel. $20, 25*
- March 26, 8:30pm: Dillon Francis. $20, 25*
- March 28, 8pm: Flosstradamus. $16.50, 20*
- April 5, 8pm: Actual Records pres. Twurkaholics ft. gLadiator and LOUDPVCK. $10, 15*
- April 10, 8pm: Netsky LIVE. $20, 25*
- April 11, 8pm: Markus Schulz with The M Machine (Live) and KhoMha. $20, 25*
- April 12, 8pm: Bass Nation Presents Crizzly, Xilent and Ajapai. $15, 20*
- April 19, 8pm: Sander van Doorn. $25-35, 40*
- April 20, 8pm: Lights Out ft. Cyberoptics & Evol Intent. $15, 20*
- April 26, 8pm: Bass Nation Presents Bro Safari with Roksonix, Brown & Gammon and more. $15, 20*
- May 17, 8pm: Actual Records presents Twurkaholics ft. GTA. $10, 15*
World Cafe Live at The Queen – Wilmington, DE:
- August 5, 8pm: Justin Hayward. $42, 40 (XPN Members)
The Grand – Golden Nugget: Atlantic City, PA
- April 20, 9pm: Mario Cantone. $39.99, 34.99, 29.99
- June 15, 9pm: Foreigner. $85, 70, 55
Tropicana Casino – Atlantic City, NJ:
- May 24, 9pm: Dana Carvey / Dennis Miller / Kevin Nealon. $250 (VIP package), 85, 75, 60, 55
Sovereign Center – Reading, PA:
- April 23, 7:30pm: Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band. $75
Tickets are available at the Sovereign Center Box Office, all Ticketmaster outlets or charge-by-phone at 800-745-3000.
Liacouras Center – Temple University:
· April 3, 7pm: Green Day with Best Coast. $39.75, 59.75, 65 (Tix from 1/22 show honored).
Citizens Bank Park:
· August 13, 8pm: Legends of the Summer: Justin Timberlake & JAY Z. $39.50, 65, 99.50, 150, 250
Tickets are available through ComcastTIX at comcastTIX.com or 1-800-298-4200.
Ortliebs Lounge (Philadelphia):
· March 28, 9pm: Pegi Young & The Survivors with Ron Gallo of Toy Soldiers. $10
Mark G. Etess Arena – Trump Taj Mahal (Atlantic City):
· May 11, 8pm: Rush. $276, 151, 96, 76
· May 25, 8pm: Motley Crue. $149.50, 89.50, 79.50, 69.50
· July 26, 7:30pm: The Package Tour ft. New Kids On The Block with guests 98˚ and Boyz II Men. $95
Categories: Concerts & Events
| Comments Off on Upcoming Concerts & Events
More than just a bar and grill. More than simply a local hangout in Northeast Philadelphia. Redz Bar & Grill is a home for anyone in and around Philadelphia to have a great time, with great prices, great service, great food, and of course great drinks; not to mention the best parking in Northeast Philadelphia! Located on Solly and Roosevelt Blvd, Redz has been a home and a supporter of local residents, businesses, and charities for well over two years greatly due to the help from owner/entrepreneur and fellow Northeast Philadelphia resident Matt Applebaum.
With the Summer quickly approaching, Redz is reinventing itself and is now introducing new themed nights to the Northeast, including; Movie Madness Mondays, Live Acoustic Music every Tuesday, and Throwback Thursdays with your favorite music and videos from the 80’s, 90’s, and the early 2000’s; not to mention the weekly Friday and Saturday Dress 2 Impress Dance Party and Sunday Funday with beer pong and flip cup. And now, to start the season off with a bang, Redz Bar & Grill would like to announce The 1st Annual Redz Idol: Karaoke Competition, Sponsored by Penny Productions and Stoli Vodka! So, they have one question for you, ”Do you have what it takes to sing your way to Mexico?”
Starting Wednesday, April 3, 2013, (for eight weeks), karaoke singers will be singing for their life and competing week after week for a chance to win amazing prizes and tons of cash. Special guest judges, including local DJ, (and the Redz Friday Night Music Master), Mike Stampone, will be naming a weekly winner, (with great prizes from great sponsors), until finally the winners battle it out on June 5th for a vacation to Mexico! Redz Idol: Karaoke Competition is only the first in many big events to come your way this Summer and all year around!
With the help of a fantastic team of managers, bartenders, waitresses, barbacks, DJ’s, security, cooks, and regular customers, Redz will be your destination for great times, great food, and great drinks! Redz Bar & Grill is looking forward to a great Spring/Summer season and to keep up with upcoming events, live entertainment, and weekly parties, follow them at Facebook.com/Redzbarandgrill or check out their website at www.Redzbarandgrill.com
Categories: Bars & Clubs
| Comments Off on Win A Trip To Mexico with Redz Bar & Grill Karaoke Contest!
by: Donny Smith & Sean Null
Donny: This month, Sean and I went to the Dog & Bull – Brew & Music House in Croydon. The Dog & Bull has been on our ‘to do’ list for quite some time and I’m so happy that we finally made it! It’s right on Rt13 next to the Train Station and it’s an easy drive from anywhere. Take Rt13, or 95 to Street road and you’re there – Very easy to get to!
Sean: Donny and I had a great time at the Dog & Bull. We went on a Wednesday and it was a pretty mellow night in a genuinely nice place to hang that has live music almost every night of the week. Even better is the beer menu!
Donny: Psst – dude … they have music EVERY night of the week, hence the name Dog & Bull – Brew & ‘MUSIC HOUSE’! Get with the program man, people are relying on us here!
You’re dead on about the Beer Menu though, they’ve got a heluva Beer Menu!
We were greeted at the door by the lovely Michelle who presented us with what I thought was 4 food menu’s, however upon closer inspection we noticed that 2 of the menu’s were actually 4 page Beer Menu’s! Everything that you needed to know about the beers that Dog & Bull had on hand was well presented in their Beer Menu including a description of each brew, the percentage of alcohol, the price, as well as it’s origin and style of beer. VERY well done – PROPS!
Actually, everything about the Dog & Bull is very well done! You could tell from the second that we pulled up that the owners put a lot of time and attention into every single detail of the building, and it shows. Not only do they have an awesome selection of beer, music, and food, but the building itself is very well done with some beautiful chalkboard art and some really cool beer advertisements!
The staff the Dog & Bull is equally impressive. Did I mention Michelle? She wasn’t just some pretty dame who smiles and brings you your food and beer. Oh hell no! She can tell you anything that you want to know about any of the beers that they have on hand. Very cool!
Sean: No kidding! There are about 15 beers on tap and 10 of those are a rotating craft beer selection which they advertise on chalkboards in both rooms. The bottled beer selection is nothing less than awesome! They have a selection of about 80 different beers in bottles, bomber bottles, and cans! If you are a craft beer drinker this should be your destination especially on a Tuesday night when they have a “Tap Takeover” from recently opened nearby Neshaminy Creek Brewing!
I had been dying to try the beers from Neshaminy’s head brewer Jeremy Myers for quite some time and I finally landed a glass of his Belgian Triple. It was worth the wait! Clear and amber with a nice head this beer smelled of banana bread, flora hops and a malt sweetness. Traditionally “triples” are brewed with three times the amount of grains to make it full bodied and sweet with a higher alcohol content. The trick is to brew it so you can’t taste the alcohol and they have succeeded! If you get a chance you should taste this well balanced malty treat!
Then Donny and I shared a bunch of samples to get kinks out before we settled on our next pint.
First up was Flying Dog Lucky SOB which was a clear red amber color with a nice foamy head, but I think we both agreed that we didn’t like it’s burnt caramel and corn taste with a flat, watery finish.
Donny: Agreed – I didn’t care for it at all. It smelled and tasted like watery corn – blah!
Sean: We then tasted a Fleur De Lehigh from Philadelphia Brewing Company and after the triple that I had, it tasted thin, but to be fair, you can’t compare the two. Fleur is made from local ingredients and hops from local Greensgrow Farms, a co-op farm stand in the Kenzo area. It’s a great light beer with a floral hop aroma and light bitterness. Perfect for Spring BBQ’s.
Donny: Not bad! It’s a fairly low alcohol beer at 4.5%, and to me this one kinda tasted like a ‘Krimpet in a Cup’. It seemed to have a similar smell and taste as a Tastycake Krimpet.
Sean: Our next sample was a Smuttynose Gravitational Ale which is a Belgian Quad which means it’s got quadruple the grains and mega high alcohol.
Donny: YEAH – like 11.3% kinda high!
Sean: It was a dark amber color and had a sweet malty aroma with some alcohol apparent in the nose. It tasted pretty much the same with a full body.
Donny: I’m not sure if this beer is stored in aged whiskey barrels or not (which isn’t uncommon), but to me it had a faint smell and taste of whiskey. Pretty cool!
Sean: Next we sampled their Bruery Humulus Lager is actually a double IPA made with double the grains and was a straw color with a full head. It smelled hoppy and medicinal and tasted hoppy at first, then had a sweet bubble gum taste to it. I didn’t like it. I think Donny was on par as well.
Donny: We were gypped! In my opinion this beer was totally mislabeled as a lager. I found it to be very hoppy and dry. It reminded me of used gym socks and I couldn’t wait to get through this one (which I never did).
Sean: This is what you do when you are a craft beer drinker. You try new things all the time hoping to find a new favorite. I didn’t find that in a Founders All Day IPA. It’s a pretty amber colored beer with a light piney hop aroma that tasted like wet grass with a bitter finish.
Donny: Wet grass is exactly what it tasted like, and I ain’t no cow! Bring on the next brew!
Sean: I did score in finding Flying Fish Hopfish. It’s an IPA and you are going to think, “Bitter”, but you are wrong! It’s a mild and delicious amber colored beer that smells and tastes like sweet caramel malts and nice mild floral hops. So I ordered a pint just in time for our food to arrive.
Donny: I’ve got to agree, this was the pick of the litter. It had a sweet smell and it tasted a little like watered down cough medicine, but GOOD cough medicine! Towards the end it had a woodsy / piney like taste to it, but it was really good! Since it’s an IPA, I was really surprised at how good it was – Not bad at all!
Sean: For dinner, I had a really good plate of Bangers and Mash (English sausage and mashed potatoes). I’m guessing the sausage was handmade because it was great! Donny had a hefty burger!
For desert we had Delerium Tremons and Delerium Nocturnum, both very strong beers from a Belgian brewery called Brouwerij Huyghe.
Donny: Ahhh the pink elephant! If you walk into a bar and you know noting about beer but you want to look like you do, order a Tremons! The Delerium is a lighter colored beer (Sean’s fave), and Nocturnum is the darker of the two (my fave). You’ll spend a little money on either, but they are worth every cent – Trust me!
Sean: Delerium – What a great way to end a great night of trying new beer, eating good food and listening to live music!
Donny: Agreed! We had a great time at the Dog & Bull and we will definitely be back again soon. More than likely we’ll be back on a Tuesday night when Neshaminy Creek is taking over the taps. I’m thinking that it could actually be THIS Tuesday since Sean has been endlessly pestering me about it ever since we left – haha!
See ya there!
If you have any questions, comments, or you want to invite us out for a beer, shoot us an email – Donny: DonnysJokes@yahoo.com – Sean: firstname.lastname@example.org
Categories: Ale On The Town
| Comments Off on Ale On The Town – Featuring Dog & Bull – Brew & Music House